This could be your backyard
Hills & Hollows is now hiring a General Manager!
Hills & Hollows is a Mini Mart/Gas Station located in beautiful scenic Boulder, Utah off popular Hwy 12. Boulder is a secluded and quaint town, surrounded by gorgeous countryside providing endless places for outdoor activities that attracts many tourists and locals daily. We are also expanding our services offered as often as possible as well!
We are seeking a General Manager to partner with to efficiently run our store who lives in Boulder or is willing to relocate to the local area. Are you energetic, organized, trustworthy, and passionate about taking care of people? Are you focused on providing a clean, organized work environment? Do you get excited about growth and development of a property that is expanding each season? Are you reliable, courteous, and responsible? If so, then this is the job for you!
Our General Manager is expected to provide excellent operational and logistical services to the community. They will handle and coordinate the many aspects of work at a busy gas station/convenience grocery store, which may include handling customer and staff complaints.
General Manager Responsibilities:
- Welcome customers as they arrive at Hills & Hollows and ensure that excellent customer service is always provided
- Oversee the work of all other staff members to ensure appropriate delivery of services and customer satisfaction, as well as store systems and standards are being followed
- Handle the day to day operations of the gas station and convenience store, including but not limited to – cash register/cash handling, stocking, ordering, receiving, daily inventory, daily checklists, food safety management, following cleaning schedules, etc.
- Order and receive merchandise and update and oversee inventory and stocking activities, following the “First In First Out” or FIFO stocking method
- Perform daily spot check inventory duties to manage loss, theft, or other inaccuracies on store products
- Create and maintain effective relationships with all vendors to ensure the prompt and proper delivery of all food, drinks, and gasoline purchases
- Learn and assist in maintaining online store inventory items, as well as new pick-up and delivery process
- Ascertain the security of the convenience store and the station by constantly monitoring surroundings
- Assist in interviewing, hiring, and training personnel to perform required duties
- Managing all personnel and upholding them to our systems and standards
- Assist in entering invoices, running Daily Books, making deposits, and managing store funds
- Brainstorm and execute new sales and marketing ideas to utilize the property to its full potential – outdoor wood fired oven, patio space, layout of the store, etc.
General Manager Qualifications
- A high school diploma or equivalent educational certificate required. Must be 21 years of age of older to manage store alone due to liquor laws
- 3+ years of retail, gas station, convenience store, and/or restaurant management experience preferred
- Must have technical skills and familiarity with POS systems, computers, wifi networks, and security systems
- Must be hospitality driven and must be customer service-oriented so that customers provide increased business through repetitive sales, and word of mouth
- Must understand the concept of Inventory, Purchasing, Receiving and Payment processing
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to handle customers and work with staff
- Must be highly detailed oriented, as well as organized, and have a sense of pride in your work
- Must be a problem solver by nature and ability to research and think outside of the box when needed
Salary Range – Depends on Experience, Negotiable
Start Date: ASAP
Please apply here if interested!
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.